Wednesday, January 14, 2015

MTG Dragon Deck Box!

Hey Everyone!♥

Here's a quick post with pictures of a present I gave to my boyfriend for Christmas this year.

He loves Magic the Gathering and nice deck boxes, as well as dragons, so I COMBINED THEM!


I took a black Ultra Pro Satin box and began painting it with acrylic paint.  It might have been smart to put a coat of mod podge or something down before I started painting, but I didn't have the patience for it.


Like I said, this is just a quick post of the paintings.  It isn't a tutorial, but I could do one if you want!


All of the paintings I did are my interpretations of cards already out there.  For instance, side "B" was influenced by Skithiryx and Nicol Bolas.




This side was particularly hard for me.  The egg started off as an awkward blob, but through playing with it, it's become one of my favorite sides!


This is a dragon hatchling!


You can tell by this point that I really did not care about numbering my sides! :p It was about 2 in the morning but I knew that I had to finish all the sides!  That's how I am with my art projects....I want to finish them in one sitting, not come back to them.

Anyways, thanks for reading this short non-tutorial blog, lovelies!

♥Riley

P.S. Are you into MTG? I am but not nearly as much as my boyfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment