Monday, August 12, 2013

Baby Shower Gift Ideas

Had another baby shower to go to this past weekend and only gave myself a tiny window of time to make two presents for it.  

I made these much more simple than my previous two, and used only one decoration on the sides. 

First I painted two canvas two different colors.  They both took two coats.

Finished paint.

Then I cut out scrapbook paper in a design, and put mod podge on the canvas.  Then I set down the scrapbook paper and smoothed out the bubbles.  Once this had dried I went over the whole thing with mod podge again.  It makes the paper adhere to the canvas as well as adding a gloss to the whole project. 


Then I used E-6000 to adhere the wooden pieces I got at Hobby Lobby and Michael's to the canvas and puff painted on the words.


I'll admit it wasn't my best work, but I made this at 4 in the morning!! I hadn't gone to bed yet and was exhausted, but this project is soooo simple that you could do it in no time with no sleep.

I put their names, middle names, date of birth, length, weight, and the day of the week they were born on the canvas.

Here are two others I've made. These are sooo easy to customize.  Most of the shapes are from Michael's. I had also planned to paint things on them but ran out of time. 

Thanks for reading! ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment